Under the UK MOD Common Support Model (CSM) complex Warship Design Authority is comprised of the DE&S Warship Approving Authority (WAA) and the client Warship Technical Authority (WTA). This role forms part of the Hub WTA and provides governance and oversight of Engineering decisions that primarily affect the Hub platform . In certain situations, this may extend to wider WTA supported platforms as the business requirements develop.
The individual will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with the extant CSM Work Breakdown Structure, the CSM Business Processes and relevant Business Management Processes/Procedures. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the design intent and safety of the Hub platform and to collate the assurance evidence of this for the corresponding WAA while working under the definitive engineering authority of the Hub WTA Class Lead Engineer (CLE).
The individual will report into the Hub WTA and support the wider engineering team and other functions as required. This role will organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements. The individual will be responsible for providing capability across a broad set of challenges to meet the needs of internal projects and customer programmes across the different Class Output Managements (COMs) as required.
The occupant of this role is required to support the Configuration team as follows:
- Maintenance and update of Configuration Management Matrix (CMM)
- Provides Technical advice and guidance to T45 Configuration Team on Configuration Management best practice.
- POC / SME for the Windchill application
- Maintenance and update of the Configuration Management Matrix (CMM)
- SME for Windchill Administration and User Permissions including day to day use and application of the Windchill Document Management system and facilitator of Windchill advisory clinics
- Expert in the use and application of Microsoft Office suite to include running reports, data manipulation and analyse.
- Transition Management of existing WTA CM processes to CSM compliant methods.
- Liaises with the Capability Insertion Team to ensure that the status of the CMM, irrespective of origin can be clearly demonstrated
- Liaison with key project stakeholders, specifically to ensure that each change to the CMM is adequately captured and that information is made available to support timely progress. Related decision making at tactical level and assist in developing strategic solutions for Configuration Management
- Mentors junior team members to assist with their understanding of the CM Teams deliverables and cross train them in their responsibilities
- Leads Best Practice forums and challenges the existing processes and procedures to drive efficiencies and cost savings within Configuration Management.
Skills / Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the operation of Configuration Management systems
- Expert in Change Management with experience and knowledge of RN/MoD process and practice relating to Change Management
- Expert in the use of Windchill and an SME in the functionality and tailor-ability of processes
- Good understanding of Configuration Management standards, principles and processes and their application to Naval vessels
- Familiarity with the T45 IKM solutions and proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- Awareness and understanding of the range of information required to support a Naval warship and importance of good configuration and change management
- Understands how the outputs from the CM Team are used by the WTA/ILS teams to support Certification of Design for T45 Changes
- Transition Management of existing WTA CM processes to CSM compliant methods
- An understanding of the defence maritime industry, especially the MoD Maritime structure and departments.
- An understanding of the MOD/RN configuration management related engineering and project processes, in particular the DE&S CSM Business Procedures.
- Knowledge of defence related Trades Controls, e.g. the US ITAR and EAR.
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been deemed Inside IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.