Composite Production Engineer
Composite Production Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Composite Production Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide production engineering capabilities across a broad spectrum of projects.
- Interact with Project Management, SDA & PEM and Production Management as required.
- Support on major engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Provide sound estimates for engineering work carried out production times.
- Use SAP for Parts and parts list Creation, Task lists, Drawings BOMS, Routings and problem solving.
- Produce Works instructions for manufacturing to cover the production steps and the required testing to provide appropriate design assurance.
- Ensure correct configuration management within Teamcenter and SAP.
- Review of Design and drawing suitability for production.
- Create detailed 3D models and 2D drawings, for a wide range of products. Produce drawings in accordance with BS8888 Engineering Drawing standards.
- Implement design changes and provide post-delivery support and resolve obsolescence issues.
- Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Participation in the preparation and submission of technical proposals and tenders as directed by the bid manager in order to provide costed proposals for future work.
- Maintaining accurate records of all manufacturing tooling design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
Key skills & qualifications
- Honours Degress in Composite Materials/Engineering or Naval Architecture is desirable
- Normally qualified to BEng degree level or HND/HNC with relevant manufacturing experience; in marine engineering, small craft design, marine technology or mechanical; or equivalent level of experience.
- Applies depth and breadth of expertise of Composite Production Engineering to complex Engineering problems
- Experience with SAP.
- Experienced in 3D modelling, ideally using Siemens NX, and 2D drafting (Autocad or similar) for production and manufacturing.
- Understanding of the design process in order to support Design for Manufacture.
- Good Understanding of Product Safety and SHE and the participation in HAZIDs.
- Knowledge and experience in Composite production materials and techniques.
- Good knowledge of Small Craft systems including electrical, fuel, bilge etc.Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £35.98 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.