We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak as a Commercial Officer .
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide Commercial services and support to meet the operational needs of the line management within the Naval Ships Combat Systems business.
- Management and administration of contracts with a wide customer base predominantly in the UK.
- Responsible for the preparation of TAFs, quotations and proposals in accordance with the appropriate governance and policies
- Active participation in the business winning, including contributing to the development of commercial proposals for potential business and the commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Responsible for all administration and reporting of the contracts and bids, consistent with the format requested by the Commercial Executive.
- Negotiation of contract changes, TAFS and proposals customers and ensuring that this results acceptable business agreements and contracts
- Generation of suitable change notes, NDAs and teaming agreements in accordance with policy
- Timely generation of good quality TAFs, quotations, proposals and change notes.
- Execution of approvals and amendments in an expeditious manner.
- Good internal and external communication skills; both written and oral.
- Excellent administration and governance, ensuring accurate and up to date record keeping.
- Other activities, leading or supporting, as directed by the line management.
Key skills & qualifications
- Appreciation of UK naval defence sector
- Knowledge of Life Cycle Management, or similar, and commercial processes
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Business awareness
- Experience of managing customer interfaces
- Professional qualification or minimum 2 years experience in a business environment
- Awareness of commercial/contract law (desirable)
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Broad Oak
Rate: £32.91 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.