Major Tasks and Activities:
- Management of nominated strategically important contracts or bids and oversight to other contract and bids within the team
- Lead Capture team through the Request for Bid Approval (RBA) process.
- Drafting of any necessary contracts and agreements in accordance with policy.
- Development of commercial proposals and the commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Support to Procurement in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions
- Lead in the Negotiation of major tenders and ensuring that this results acceptable business agreements and contracts
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Ability to follow up activities to ensure inputs from others are received and progressed to conclusion
- Commitment to meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide solutions for management consideration
Key Technical Skills
The role requires a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of Commercial Principles, Techniques and Practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made. Experience of dealing with UK MOD an advantage.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills
Suitable candidate to be a self- motivated and focused individual. Shall be a leader and a coach to the Commercial Officer/Senior Commercial Officer and ensure a good quality of work.
Shall be able to work equally on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
- Will work with other functional representatives and/or customers/suppliers to meet the operational needs of line management and the business
- Must have good communication skills together with the ability to relate challenging scenarios to customers and suppliers (both internal and external to the business)
- Knowledge of UK naval defence sector an advantage
- Awareness of business and culture
- Understanding of and compliance to Business Ethics requirements (Code of Conduct and Responsible Business Conduct)
- Knowledge of company life cycle management and commercial processes
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Business awareness
- Experience of managing customer interface
Business Degree or at least 5 years plus experience in a commercial role
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.