Combat Systems Engineer
Combat Systems Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a Combat Systems Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to ensure that the installed equipment is safe, compliant and fit for use iaw with the agreed design documentation.
- Maintaining effective partnerships with a wide variety of stakeholders including customers, suppliers and other internal teams.
- Contributing to a team based working environment.
- Providing a technical leadership role for elements of the Shared Infrastructure Hardware.
- Displaying good influencing skills within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Identifying and prioritising tasks towards an agreed overall objective.
- Innovating when defining solutions to minimise project risk and maximise likelihood of successful implementation.
- Acting as an intelligent supplier by anticipating the likely needs of the customer.
- Understanding the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques used to do so.
- Displaying flexibility in the approach to required tasks.
- Accepting responsibility for and demonstrating a visible commitment to SHE and Quality.
Key skills & qualifications
- Primary point of contact for the T26 CIS for the installationof SI hardware.
- Ensure that T26 SI Hardware installation learns from the experience gained on T23, T45 and QEC.
- Define and lead technical aspects of sequencing for Setting to Work activities to de-risk the use of Shared infrastructure in T26.
- Provide technical input into design reviews, installation, test, trials, acceptance and engineering change activities.
- Liaise with other functions (Physical Integration, Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations etc) to ensure a smooth path through to installation of the Shared Infrastructure hardware and be ready to advise before and during installation / commissioning activities.
- Degree in an engineering or equivalent, or demonstration of comparable suitable experience.
- Experience of Shared Infrastructure equipment in a Naval environment.
- Experience of integration, installation, test, trial and acceptance of equipment in a Naval environment.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Although remote working will be possible it is expected that circa 2 days per week on site will be required.
Rate: £48.84 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.