Charge Design Engineer
Engineer (Designer Charge)
Your main responsibilities as an Engineer (Designer Charge) involve:
Design Engineer operating as part of a multi-disciplined propelling charge development team involved in the development, design and manufacture of charges for a number of new munitions products and maintaining performance of legacy products.
- Design, development, test and evaluation activities of new and legacy propelling charges
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data
- Development and use safe systems of working for Engineering tasks
- Interface with suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
- Development of quality systems
- Contribution to the Life Cycle Management Process where required
- Contribution to the Risk Management process
- Liaise with customers – both internal and external as demanded
Your competencies, skills and qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3 Years experience in the Chemical/Chemical Engineering industry
- Experience of hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation in support of trial or test activities.
- Experience in the planning and conduct of evaluation trials.
- Proven ability to take ownership, prioritise and deliver objectives within development projects to ensure completion within agreed time-scales and to required standard
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- IT Literate
- Applicants must be self-motivated, able to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills, have good technical and chemistry knowledge, show initiative and be able to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in development projects in particular system integration
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.