Charge Design Engineer (Munitions)
- Minimum- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3 Years experience in the Chemical/Chemical Engineering industry
- Experience of hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation in support of trial or test activities.
- Experience in the planning and conduct of evaluation trials.
- Proven ability to take ownership, prioritise and deliver objectives within development projects to ensure completion within agreed time-scales and to required standard
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- IT Literate
- Applicants must be self-motivated, able to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills, have good technical and chemistry knowledge, show initiative and be able to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in development projects in particular system integration
- A knowledge of gun propellants
- A working knowledge of the propelling charge design process
- A working knowledge of the chemistry of propellants and their ingredients
- Experience in the use of mathematical modelling
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design would be an advantage
- Advanced data analysis and computing skills
- Advanced report writing skills
- Competent presentation skills
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.