C++ Software Developer
C++ SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Hillend as a C++ Software Developer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to write software for the UK’s latest frontline fighter, augmented/virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines or even 3D mission planning systems for Typhoon and Hawk jets.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
- As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective (Desirable)
What we’re looking for in you:
- A ‘can do’ attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
- Self-organisation and good time management
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
Rate: £57.50 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.