C++ Software Developer
C++ & Java Software Developer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a C++ & Java Software Developer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to develop the systems that exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness to further UK and Allies’ defence capability.
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
- Design of technical solutions
- Estimation of development activities
Key skills & qualifications
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
- MFC experience
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £59.68 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.