We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Business Analyst.
The role will be an initial 8 month contract and will provide you with carrying out requirements management, process development and business change, across a few concurrent projects within the EITS Portfolio of Projects.
- Performing BA duties on small / medium sized projects as the sole BA, and/or support
- work-packages on a larger project, which may involve working with a Lead Business
- Supporting the Project Manager in identifying project stakeholders, defining the project
- scope and its business justification. Collect, analyse, and gain approval for critical success
- factors and business requirements
- Planning and leading workshops with stakeholders at all levels for requirements and
- business processes capture and documentation
- Developing and gaining approval for system requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Be responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are
- followed within the project team as they relate to requirements
- Supporting development teams, third party suppliers and test communities by acting as
- the voice of the customer on projects
- Developing business change plans (including communications and training approaches
- and schedules) and be responsible for their implementation working with business
- change leads and the transition team
- Supporting continuous improvement through feedback on the existing
- Providing the Project Manager with estimates for BA tasks for further project phases and status reports for BA activities
Key skills & qualifications
- Have experience of gathering and documenting requirements for technical projects,
- including leading workshops for requirements and business process capture
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a structured and well governed IT
- Project environment
- Have demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes
- Have demonstrable evidence of driving & delivering business change
- Have experience of delivering work streams across multiple simultaneous projects
- Have proven experience interacting directly with end users and technical project
- Experience of Stage Gate delivery processes such as PRINCE2 and non-PRINCE 2 delivery
- methodologies e.g. agile.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £487.39 per day (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.