Bid/ Capture Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Ampthill as a Bid/Capture Manager..
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to establish and execute capture win plans for a major defence company on projects at the cutting edge of science and engineering.
- Liaising closely with Business Development and Delivery teams, in ‘shaping the game’ regarding customer requirements, and determining the most advantageous (to the customer and LM) proposition. Critical to this will be ensuring appropriate through-life design, facilitating seamless delivery performance as the programme transitions through the lifecycle.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Capture Process from Opportunity identification through to Transition to Contract performance, providing process leadership to the Proposal Managers and those from other functions involved in the process of delivering proposals.
- Responsibility for assigned Capture budget definition and adherence, including maintenance of Work Flow Planning and associated Bridge entries.
- Full responsibility for cost, schedule and performance of assigned captures, delivering the Lockheed Martin Value Proposition.
- Working with Functional Leads to deliver all assigned Capture programmes.
- Responsibility for leveraging the matrix organisation to ensure appropriate skills are in place to support and execute captures.
- Managing Capture Risk and Opportunity to meet Customer and LM objectives, maximising utilisation of Lessons Learned.
- Engaging with Suppliers, ensuring Lockheed Martin can optimally meet its commitments.
- Assisting peers and colleagues in LM Line of Business and LM Functional Departments to meet capture and business growth objectives.
- Contribution to the development of business strategy.
- Ensure programme / proposal compliance with standards, legislation, Corporate Policy Statements and all other required controls.
- Deputising for other Capture team members as required.
- Personnel responsibilities include the direction of employees assigned to multiple programmes from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
Key skills & qualifications
- Experience in programme management on high value programmes.
- Proven broad Capture performance and experience with military and commercial technology campaigns.
- Strong experience of and proven track record in complying with the Business Winning and Capture processes.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team in developing software and/or hardware propositions.
- A strong engineering background.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to confidently present materials to peers, customers and senior LM leadership.
- Experience working with a variety of customer communities including UK MoD, UK Govt Agencies and bodies, and UK partner nation user communities.
- Customer focused with strong skills in developing customer intimacy and trust.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and experience presenting to internal and external customers, including at senior levels.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £58-£68 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.