We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a BI Developer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for development of Management Information and Business Intelligence (BI) work packages, Systems and Information Architecture in line with Maritime Services business requirements.
- Document, develop, test and implement MI/BI solutions in line with business requirements.
- Applies technical strategies, policies, standards and practices within own area of responsibility.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within Maritime Services.
- Manages methods, tools, techniques; selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches to development.
- Develops and maintains procedures and documentation for databases. Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate database administration tools and processes, including enhancing automation.
- Contributes to setting standards for definition, security and integrity of database objects and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Manages database configuration including installing and upgrading software and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Monitors database activity and resource usage and optimises database performance where appropriate.
- Produces models in support of business strategy. Has in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industry-wide modelling techniques. Advises on the choice of techniques and approach and influences customers accordingly.
- Accountable as a member of the Information and Data team for development and implementation of appropriately tailored practices.
- Ensures that all relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices are adhered to.
- Aid in defining department processes at operational level.
- Continually seeks opportunities for improvement in deliverables, facilitating a good practice approach in own area of responsibility.
- Benchmarks and reviews for improved ways of working – continually seeking opportunities for productivity improvement, quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Has a good level of commercial awareness and budgetary management capability.
- Will contribute to budget accountability as part of the wider Information and Data team.
- Non-financial factors such as project complexity, re-prioritisation or risk can be influencing factors in this role.
Key skills & qualifications
- Well-developed skills and capability around the creation, understanding and presentation of business solutions utilising a combination of COTS toolsets and ability to present proposed solutions in an effective manner.
- High understanding of the various corporate Business Intelligence processes, tools and techniques.
- Able to develop innovative solutions to complex issues in a wider Business context.
- Draws on a formal body of knowledge and shares a sound understanding of concepts and principles underpinning practices.
- Understands industry best practice external to the business.
- Extensive knowledge of modelling principles, methods, tools and techniques.
- Ability to plan and manage the work content in line with the overall business modelling approach and MI roadmap.
- Able to work individually, or as part of a team, with limited guidance needed from seniors.
- Customer focused with a service delivery mentality.
- Strong ethical values; lead by example.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £43.95 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.