Assistant Project Planner
ASSISTANT PROJECT PLANNER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as an Assistant Production Planner.
The role will be an initial 24-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work within the Maritime sector of a major defence company, working on cutting edge projects supporting the UK’s Naval vessels.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that all relevant information is gathered to allow for effective planning activities.
- Undertake low level planning tasks using pre-existing libraries in both CR and Work Package format.
- Ensure all pre-requisites are met to allow Service Orders to be progressed through relevant sign off points. This includes ensuring all service orders are completed with relevant details e.g. locations, recordable flag etc.
- Create work packs ready for production this includes but not limited to printing drawings documents, reference material etc.
- Confirm work instructions have the correct pre-requisites to complete the task with all correct document references including clear instructions.
- Assist all areas of the Planning Team as requested by the Planning Operations Manager.
- Create and maintain, with guidance any work scope tools as deemed necessary.
- Raise internal Change Request Notifications as directed.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Production Planners and IWT / Supply Chain to ensure that we continuously improve and benchmark our Planning and estimating norms.
- Training where applicable new starters/Apprentices and develop knowledge of more advanced production planning required for advancement to full Production Planner role.
- Ensure all relevant pre-requisites are advanced to ‘Green’, to allow production to deliver, in accordance with schedule.
- Ensure all work produced is I.A.W the ‘Ways of Working’ process flow and Planning Standards.
- Rectify identified issues that potentially are blocking /delaying work enablement.
- Help maintain cost estimating and standard job libraries by creating and enhancing standard task lists with parts information in accordance with part creation policy, taking previous feedback and performance history into account.
- Participate in and supports the creation and display performance metrics used to measure planning output; suggesting and promoting potential improvements.
- Maintain a close relationship with the production trade heads and succontractors to ensure that we continuously improve and benchmark our Planning and estimating norms.
- Ensure that any non-conforming product or service discovered during any activity is reported to the appropriate authority.
Key skills & qualifications
- Hold awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
- Have functional knowledge of ship repair
- General understanding of Warship Support operations
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £34.41 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.