Assistant Project Manager
- Support the production of reports on a monthly basis for input into project reporting packs.
- Schedule and cost monthly updates including analysis and forecasts.
- Update resource planning tool iaw schedule requirements
- Provide general programme management assistance and support to the Control Account Managers (CAM) and other discipline line managers.
- Prepare project management information in support of the Project / Engineering Manager as required.
- Support monthly reporting requirements in accordance with the project reporting lifecycle.
- Lead the schedule management including monthly updates.
- Lead BCR process for changes to schedule and cost.
- Assist in the development and management of the support schedule, cost, risk and opportunity baseline.
- Support all reviews and audits including phase reviews and design reviews.
Key skills & qualifications
- A good knowledge of project management techniques including; resource planning and management, cost capture, analysis and forecasting, schedule planning and tracking, Earned Value Management(EVM), risk and opportunity management and change management.
- Able to pursue best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
- An understanding of Life Cycle Management.
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft office suite.
- Understanding of project management and project control processes ideally within an engineering environment.
- Previous experience of working in a project management environment
- PMQ or recognised Project Management qualification.
- Must be eligable for SC clearance
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: New Malden
Rate: £41.85 per hour (INSIDE OF IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.