Assistant Project Manager
- Responsible for the management and performance of assigned projects, sub contracts, vendors and/ or accounts and will ensure plans are in place (e.g. Budgets, quality, performance and output plans)
- To monitor & report progress and feed information as part of the project recording and review process
- Management of sub contracts, work packages and/ or small projects, ensure delivery of budget, schedule, scope, risk management and quality of the sub contract
- Issue authorisations for work within the scope of own activity, ie. release of budget such that work can be undertaken and the contract or project delivered
- Involvement in the creation of Reporting Packs and delivery of Project reports up through the business chain.
- Ensure compliance with all Project Management tools and techniques, e.g. Life cycle management, risk register, change control, etc.
- Ensure SHE and Quality Governance and compliance including application of CDMC across all projects
- Assist with decision making for projects on resourcing strategy, sub contract and supply chain activity.
- In the absence of the PM, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management on behalf of the Project.
Key skills & qualifications
- Essential – Project Management qualification (preferred APMP, PMP) or able to demonstrate experience of managing projects
- Desirable – Degree in a building related subject, or equivalent qualification.
- Essential – A professional qualification in a construction related discipline either as “Member” or “Associate/Incorporated” membership level, with significant relevant postqualification experience.
- Desirable – a professional qualification in health and safety.
- Essential – Current CITB CSCS card or be prepared to obtain.
- Planning and Scheduling: Extensive skill and significant experience of defining the scope of the project and of breaking this into manageable units; work breakdown structures, control accounts and work packages.
- Risk & Opportunity Management: Extensive skill and significant experience in
- identifying, assessing, allocating and managing project risks and project opportunities.
- Performance Management: Familiar with and some practical experience with a structured approach to planning, cost collection and performance measurement.
- Lifecycle Management Phase Review: Extensive skill and significant experience of the lifecycle gates to assess the health and management maturity of a project.
- Lifecycle Management Contract Review: Extensive skill and significant experience in periodic business/ project progress reviews within a project lifecycle.
- Stakeholder Management: Extensive skill and significant experience in identifying, analysing and planning actions to communicate, negotiate, and influence internal/ external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £45.00 per hour (INSIDE OF IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.