Assistant Financial Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, dependable and motivated individual to join an expanding Financial Accounting team. We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Financial Accountant at our clients site in South Wales (Within easy reach of Cardiff, Newport and the Valleys).
The Financial Accounting team provide a number of back office finance activities to business units. There are a number of activities undertaken within the team, including responsibility for VAT and CIS, which are carried out using various technologies including robotics.
The role will be within the VAT team, providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement and financial control based activities.
Reporting directly to the Financial Accountant, the role will support the VAT team deliver a quality accounting service to the Business units whilst ensuring our strong financial controls are maintained. The role will be the providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement, governance and customer based activities.
- Preparation of UK and foreign VAT returns for a large number of Business units, using various ERP systems
- Preparation of Intrastat and CIS returns
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, and resolving any reconciling items arising from your own and colleagues reconciliations
- Calculation of various VAT adjustments required, and journaling these to the various systems
- Preparation of monthly journals including the calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Finance degree, or relevant VAT experience
- Have an understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Vigilant approach to problem solving
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Oracle and Hyperion would be desirable
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.