We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak as a Assembly Technician.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with manufacture, repair or modify complex Radar, Avionics and Underwater military products. As well as this, you will be able to work with no supervision and limited engineering support.
- Have a good understanding of an assembly discipline such as wiring, fitting, PCB assembly, Microelectronics processing or similar.
- Able to perform assembly/disassembly or modification tasks on electronic or mechanical components, subassemblies, and systems – encompassing new build, and repairs products.
- Have a medium range of product experience and medium expertise in discipline.
- Experience/knowledge is partially transferrable within the P&TS product base.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Business Management System (BMS) procedures.
- Understand and comply with business SHE policies.
- Be formally qualified in appropriate Workmanship Standard e.g., ANSI J, IPC or similar.
- Adhere to lean principles and be able to support continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assemble/process product in accordance with defined work instructions or detailed technical drawings.
- Repair/modify current and legacy products.
- Be able to work with limited data utilising experience.
- Use business systems to record product history/compliance.
- Support and assist in the training of personnel.
Key skills & qualifications
- To make judgements based on own knowledge and experience of similar situations.
- Must be able to use technical knowledge to manufacture/repair/modify product.
- Must be able to effectively analyse technical data to inform decisions.
- Must be able to identify build queries and assist Engineering in resolution/clarification
- Have a detailed understanding of the immediate team, direct function, and a general understanding of how it fits within the wider business.
- Have a detailed understanding of company business systems.
- Mechanical Assembly Skills bias
- O-Seals, Surface Finishes & Corrosion Repairs
- Thread Tap & Die, Gears & Bearings
- Fixings & Fasteners, Wire Locking & Riveting
- Product Build & Repairs using Sub-Assemblies, Cable Harnesses & Mechanical Parts
- Use of Hand & Torque Tools, Vernier & Micro-meter Measuring Tools
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Broad Oak
Rate: £26.40 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.