Apprentice and Skills Development Coach
As a coach assessor at the Academy for Skills and Knowledge Samlesbury (ASK) the individual must be able to deliver and assess competence against EAL electrical and electronic units, here there will be a requirement to teach electrical and electronic knowledge at level 2 in a workshop environment to a group of learners undertaking an Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
Duties will include-
- Demonstrating design and building of both electrical and electronic circuits, then assessing competence including feedback to individuals during a seven week rolling session of groups.
- Knowledge units and competence units will be delivered in a blended way during the period, lesson plans and schemes of work to reflect this as timely completion is key.
- The use of e-portfolio in the form of “Learning assistant” and “Canvas” will be essential.
- Electronic circuits typically worked are regulated power supply, amplifiers, 555 timer circuits and OP amps.
- Electrical circuits to include one and two way lighting, motor control (single phase) and alarm circuits.
- Testing and inspecting along with fault finding in electrical and to include IPA610 soldering as well in electronics.
- Knowledge will cover all aspects of single phase and three phase as well as AC /DC theory, here we will typically see assignments set and a requirement to mark these as pass, merit and distinction, again in a timely manner.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.