2nd Line Engineer
2nd Line Engineer
The 2nd Line Engineer supports all second level technical incidents and service requests from multiple communication sources (email, phone, text, incident escalations and walk-ups) for our clients’ Global Enterprise.
This position will work directly with end users, IT administrators, and third-party resources/vendors to resolve and fulfil all incidents and requests.
- Provides superior customer service by being courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.
- Creates a positive customer service experience and build strong relationships through active listening, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress and handling customers with a professional attitude.
- Creates, manages, and resolves service requests using the IT Incident Management System
- Escalates incidents to correct higher level specialist when the need arises and work with the specialist to test all solutions and final resolutions.
- Grows the IT knowledgebase by using resolutions of successfully closed service requests to document effective steps for reproducing and resolving similar incidents.
- Utilizes enterprise level knowledge of Operating Systems and Directory services to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an IT Desktop Support role.
- At least one introductory level IT certification (A+, Google Certified Support Professional, Microsoft MTA, Microsoft Fundamentals Certification).
- At least one Secondary level IT certification (Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Role-Based Cert.)
- In depth expert knowledge of information systems (Windows operating systems, Mac OS, Microsoft’s Azure environment, software management, hardware management, Cisco’s Networking environment, Microsoft Modern Workplace, etc.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Location: West London
Salary: £30-33,000 depending on experience
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment